BLOG HAS MOVED!

BLOG HAS MOVED!!
Head over to www.jlweil.com/blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

Book Covers

I wanted to get the opinion of readers on book covers. What you like, what catches your eye and what you don't like. I of course have my own opinion, I wanted to see what the majority likes. This is an ongoing poll and would love to hear for you. Then we'll get to see what the majority of readers prefer. It can be an genre even though I mostly writeTeen Fantasy.

The past few days I have been going over style designs for my first book in the Elements of Hidden Harbor series, Earth Bound (Sage's story). I can't decide if I want to got with a person on the cover or not.

Being an avid reader myself, I thought I would kick it off with a few of my favorites and not so favorites. I haven't read all of these books, so I am not vouching for the content, just cover alone.

These are a few that I thought were creative ~




I actually really love the mirror image and in this case I love the girl - great effect.



It's no secret that I absolutely adore Nora Roberts. Her covers are always fabulous. So I am giving her her own slot. These are just a few of my fav's for her large collection of books.

The Next Always       Book Cover
        








So I am not always a fan of people on covers. I think sometimes it can take away the vision of what the reader images of characters. The illusions in these covers are fantastic. Its just enough without giving away what they really look like.

 Now for a few that I am not all that impressed with ~



I am a huge Trueblood and Sookiestack House fan. I don't know what it is though, I just don't love the book covers. Does anyone else agree? Love the stories - Love Eric.



I would love to hear what other books you think have amazing covers and also the not so great. Its important to know what the readers want.

xoxo

1 comment: