BLOG HAS MOVED!

BLOG HAS MOVED!!
Head over to www.jlweil.com/blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Bonus Material: LUMINESCENCE part 2

Bonus Material ~ LUMINESCENCE

As promised here is another scene from Gavin's point-of-view. It will also be up on the Luminescence fan page on facebook today.

And if you haven't had the chance, check out the 1st book in my new series SAVING ANGEL available now.

~The kiss~
(*Hawt*)

I watched as the array of emotions flickered over her face. She had for the first time believed in herself. Believed in her magic and the result had been astonishing. The sudden change in her violet eyes tugged on my heart. Would I always feel this overwhelming need to protect her? Even from the simplest of things?
“What’s wrong,” I asked the moment the door to my room was closed. Her eyes looked around the room before settling back to me. She had the most incredible eyes. There was still a glimmer of magic shimmering in them.
She sighed. “Everyone keeps telling me how much power I have. I don’t want it all. I don’t want to be some super witch.”
It pained me to hear the anguish in her voice, and the struggle she was going through learning to wield her powers. I didn’t have the command to change her fate, and I was selfish enough that I was glad we this in common. It not only connected us, but there was something between us I couldn’t even explain.
What she needed to hear was cold truth, some tough love. Nothing would be gained by pretending ignorance. It wouldn’t make her power less or more. “I don’t see how you have much choice in the matter,” I replied.
“That’s just it. I’m scared of it. What if I can’t control it? You’ve told me that I’ve used it before, and I never even knew.” Her eyes were wide and brimming with uncertainty, doubt.
Immediately I thought about the night we first kissed. Though her fears were all warranty, she didn’t give herself enough credit. She was so much stronger. I could feel the strength of her power pulsing from her, even if she couldn’t. It washed over me.
I took a stepped towards her, the ribbon of my magic calling to hers, pulling me to her. The admission was tumbling from me before I even had a chance to think about. “You used magic on me the first time we kissed.”
“What are you talking about?” she asked puzzled and her amethyst eyes darkened.
It made my blood rush. She didn’t have the foggiest idea how those eyes got to me. All I knew was there was too much space between us. “I felt it that night, under the moon. You demanded me to kiss you. Your eyes lit with this incredible dark violet. The moon reflected in your sultry eyes.”
“Are you saying I made you kiss me?” Her voice horrified.
This was coming out all wrong. How was I blundering so horribly bad?
It was turning into an epic fail.
How“No…” I pleaded for her to understand. “It wouldn’t have worked if I hadn’t wanted to. You just nudged what I was already thinking,” I said advancing on her into a corner.
She shifted her fingers through her hair, and the scent of her shampoo hit me in the gut. “I can’t believe that I used magic to make you kiss me,” she replied with her cheeks tinting pink.
The flush of color was endearing. She was too occupied to notice the gleam in my glance. “You didn’t make me Bri,” I reiterated. I didn’t know how else to make her understand what I was so miserably bombing at. There was something between us that was undeniable.
“I’m sorry,” she uttered and attempted to leave.
I blocked her exit, and wrapped my fingers around her arm. An electrified bolt zinged on contact, a result of our magic fusing together. I watched as her eyes shoot tiny purple stars. “I’m not,” I demanded and promptly brought my lips down on hers.
Our mouths melding together, she tasted inexplicably like the sweetest strawberries. Her back hit the wall as I pulled her closer so our bodies collided. I was done trying to hide from what she made me feel, done ignoring that there was something larger between us than just being witches. It was past time I stopped pretending she was just a girl. Every fiber in my being knew Bri would never be just a girl.
Her fingers curled in my hair, and her teeth scraped over the hoop on my lip. The world exploded behind my eyes. I felt her heart beat wildly like a train against mine. Trailing a hand up and down her side, my fingers seemed to have a mind of their own, and I was unable to resist the temptation.
Good god. She made everything disappear, everything except her.
She pulled back just a fraction. It was all I would really allow, and I stifled a whimper. “Tell me I didn’t make you do that,” she murmured against my mouth. It was nearly impossible to not take her lips again.
I sighed knowing that if I didn’t pull away now, I wouldn’t be able to. This moment, this time when she was confused and unsure wasn’t right. “No, you didn’t,” I assured. “I don’t want to let you go.” At least that was the truth.
“Don’t,” she pleaded.
Heaven help me, she was killing me. Literally killing me. I wasn’t about to take advantage of her no matter what my body encouraged. She didn’t need another complication in her life, and I still didn’t know exactly what was going on. All I knew was that there was so much more to Bri than either of us could possible know. “I don’t know that I have a choice,” I said regretfully. “There is so much you don’t understand… I don’t understand.”
“What more do you need to know? I thought me being a witch was what you wanted. Now you’re telling me that you don’t know what you want?”
“It’s not that simple Bri,” I argued.
“Nothing is with you,” she said flatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment